What is Nutritional Therapy ?
Nutritional Therapy is the application of nutrition and health science to individuals to maximise their health potential. I use a wide range of tools to identify nutritional imbalances and understand how these may contribute to your symptoms and health concerns. Many other factors are also considered, including possible food allergies or intolerances, lifestyle and environmental influences.
Nutritional Therapy is recognised as a complementary medicine and is relevant for individuals with chronic conditions, as well as those looking for support to enhance their health and wellbeing.
Practitioners never recommend nutritional therapy as a replacement for medical advice, I will never suggest that you to stop taking a medication without consulting with your GP or consultant. I always check for any possible drug-nutrient interactions before recommending changes to diet or use of supplements. I will always refer any client with ‘red flags’ or symptoms to their medical provider. With the client’s permission, I may wish to confer with other healthcare professionals involved with the client’s care to explain any programme that has been provided.
I offer both nutrition and wellbeing advice for you to discover the root cause of your health concern and inspire you optimise your health naturally.
How Can Nutritional Therapy Help?
Many people do not consider their health and well-being until something goes wrong
Nutritional therapy may help support
- Digestive and bowel problems including IBS
- Depression, fatigue and lack of energy
- Heart disease and risk factors such as high blood pressure
- Allergies and intolerances
- Women’s health problems eg PMS, PCOS, menopause
- Men’s health issues such as prostrate problems
- Joint and bone problems
- Management of healthy weight
- Skin problems including eczema, psoriasis and acne
- Support ability to adapt to lifestyle pressure
- Arthritis and other musculo-skeletal disorders
- Cancer prevention and support during treatment and recovery